Yikes! I developed a nasty case of bronchitis around St. Patrick’s Day and I am just beginning to feel back to normal. Although some disgusting symptoms insist on lingering. I lost two weeks of my repurposed projects; which means I will have to do three in a week. Totally doable.
Now that I am back in commission, here is a recent refashion.
R had several Lacoste sweaters that no longer fit him and so he gave them to me. Two of them I can wear as oversized sweaters. The other not so much. I think it was most likely shrunk in the wash because they arms were short. I do have long monkey arms, but these sleaves seemed a bit extreme. Another issue was that although it was loose in the body of the sweater, the waist was too high to wear as oversized. One finally problem was the big ol’ bleach stain on the one cuff. I hate bleach.
I didn’t want this comfy sweater going to waste, so I got to work. I took in the sides by about an inch on each side as well as the arms. To mask that pesky bleach stain, I folded the cuffs up into the sleaves and hand stitched into place, creating 3/4 length sleaves.
I didn’t want the sweater to be too tight fitting, as I wanted to be able to wear shirts underneath. Now I think it is the perfect size, big enough to wear a collared shirt underneath, but tight enough that it won’t look too baggy if I don’t.