While getting readying to move, it made me cringe thinking of all the other little things R and I would have to buy, like curtains, rugs, lamps, etc. So I decided to M.O.O. (haha moo, Make Our Own, a variation of Make Your Own) with some of these items.
For project 5 of 52, I don’t have any before pictures. But imagine a white queen size top sheet, and that is what the before would look like. I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to buying bed linens. The pockets are too deep and I end up swimming in excess fabric, or the sheets pill up after a week, or the elastic gives out and I’m sleeping on the bare mattress. Ugh. See my misfortune when it comes to sheets?
As a result I have a plethora of unused linens hanging about, so I decided to repurpose them. First up is a shower curtain, hence the Rub-A-Dub-Dub, but there aren’t three men in this gal’s tub. Just one handsome man.
I used one of my mom’s shower curtains as a template to gage the length and the distance between the ring holes. I left my sheet it’s original width, because the less hemming I had to do the better. I wanted this easy-peasy. I could have gone a little shorter, but at the time I made this I did not have the shower dimensions. So I erred on the side of caution and left it a little longer than the template. I can always go back and shorten it, but for now it stays.
Dang! This pic is grainy.
I made holes using the button hole stitch on my sewing machine. I could have used plastic grommets to give it a little more strength, but I was lazy and didn’t feel like going to the fabric store. The button holes are durable and I suspect will hold up.
And there you have it. One more item saved from the landfill. Peace.